General conditions for rental of cabins and apartments, as adopted by the Swedish Tourism Trade Association on 29th May 1990 following discussions with the National Board for Consumer Policies. Who is responsible?The responsible landlord is: Vimmerby Camping ABBox 123S-598 22 VimmerbySwedenTel. +46 (0)492-314 10 As landlords we are obliged to ensure that:
- you receive written confirmation of your booking, which you are obliged to check to avoid any misunderstandings.
- you receive documentation and details of where to pick up the key in good time, but not necessarily more than 30 days before the agreed day of arrival,
- the cabin/apartment fits the description. We are not responsible for any promises the owner or his/her contact person may have made directly to you without our knowledge and which we were not aware of or should have been aware of. (As a precaution, make every effort to obtain promises in writing)
- you are informed of any significant changes concerning your booking,
- you may use the cabin/apartment from 3 pm on the agreed day of arrival up until 12 pm (noon) on the day of departure, unless otherwise confirmed. Changeover day is always Saturday.
If you are not satisfied with the cabin/apartment, you should contact us. Read more about this below. When does a booking become binding?Both you (the buyer) and we (the seller) are bound by the lease as soon as it has been confirmed through the booking procedure and the buyer has paid the application fee (or the entire rental sum). When should the fees be paid?The entire amount should be paid within ten (10) days from the date on which the confirmation was sent out. What happens if the fees are not paid on time?If the fees are not paid on time, the rental agreement may be declared invalid and the booking cancelled. If the rental is not paid, this is counted as a cancellation and the rules for cancellation will apply. What are the rules for cancellation?Cancellations may be made verbally or in writing and are always confirmed by us in writing. What if something happens to me?You can protect yourself against the cost of cancellation by purchasing cancellation protection, which should be paid along with the application fee. It costs 100 SEK per cabin/apartment and means that under certain circumstances you can cancel up to and including the day before agreed arrival against a cancellation fee of 200 SEK per cabin/apartment.Cancellation protection applies under the following circumstances (which you were unaware of when you booked):a) death, illness or accident of a serious nature, affecting you personally, your spouse, partner, family or travelling companion, b) call-up to the armed forces or civil defence,c) the occurrence of any other serious event outside your control which you could not foresee when you booked and which means that it is unreasonable to demand that you honour your booking, e.g. extensive fire or flood damage to your home.You must be able to support your reason(s) for cancellation with some form of certification issued by, for example a doctor, a public authority, or an insurance company. The certification should be sent to us as soon as possible, preferably within one week of the date of cancellation. The cost of cancellation protection will not be reimbursed in the event of cancellation. What are my rights?If we do not provide the agreed cabin/apartment in the condition promised or at the agreed time and are unable to offer you another cabin/apartment differing so little from the one you booked that this is of no significance to you, you are entitled to cancel the lease agreement. In this case we are obliged to reimburse all monies you have paid us and compensate you for your documented and reasonable costs, with a deduction for the benefit you may have had from the cabin/apartment. Instead of cancelling the lease agreement, you are entitled to request a reduction of the rent. What are my obligations?You are obliged to take good care of the cabin/apartment and follow the rules and regulations which apply. You are personally responsible for any damage occurring to the property and its contents through your own negligence or that of someone in your party. You must not use the cabin/apartment for any purpose other than what was agreed at the time of booking (normally leisure purposes) and you must not allow more people to stay overnight in the cabin/apartment or in its grounds than was stated by you in your booking. You must clean properly before your departure – please follow the instructions posted in the cabin/apartment). I you fail to do so we will do the cleaning for you, at your expence. Force MajeurBoth you and we have the right to depart from the lease agreement if the cabin/apartment cannot be supplied as a consequence of military operations, natural disasters, labour market conflicts, protracted interruptions in the supply of water or energy, fire or other similar major occurrences, which neither you nor we could have foreseen or influenced. Under such circumstances we are obliged to reimburse what you have paid with a deduction for the benefit you may have had from the cabin/apartment. What happens if the buyer and the seller don’t agree?Tell us about any complaints immediately. Bear in mind that your chances of obtaining redress may diminish if you delay in making your complaint. If we don’t agree, you can contact Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden (the National Board for Consumer Complaints) which consists of an impartial chairman and a number of representatives of travel organisers and consumers. The consumer advisor in your local municipality can assist you – or you can write to: Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden, Box 174, S-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden. (www.arn.se) Special Conditions
- The tenant should always check the confirmation invoice in order to avoid misunderstandings.
- The price includes the entire rental of the cabin/apartment for the number of persons specified in the Property Description. This number should never to be exceeded at the cabin/apartment during the period of hire.
- One child under 2 years may also be included at no extra charge.
- An additional fee of between 25-275 SEK will be levied for extra beds, should these be required.
- Electricity is included unless otherwise indicated. A supplementary charge for electricity may be levied during the cold season.
- Distances stated in descriptions of the property are approximations only and should not be taken as exact
We reserve the right to amend prices as a result of taxation changes or where textual errors may have occurred in our presentation of accommodation or in our price list. All prices include VAT.